Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kathleen Glynn Lecture

So I was invited to Ballenger Lecture Series with guest lecturer Kathleen Glynn who worked with Micheal Moore, and after the lecture I was invited to a private student event with her after the lecture. The lecture was pretty interesting, she had went to Mott and started out studying graphic design which I thought was very cool. The was she explained how she went after work instead of waiting for it come to her was very inspiring, especially to me being a young designer trying to break into the field and get my name out there. Also what was very cool was how she wasn't ashamed to be from Flint and didnt talk bad about it or how happy she was to get away from it, which is something I respect very much. The private talk was neat also, we were able to ask her questions and talk to her. It was a little intimidating at first because the majority of the people there were film students, but then she called me out and asked what we did. And I explained how I am a graphic designer and that I am into web and etc. It was sort of an ego boost being one of the two graphic designers there.
Thanks for inviting me Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment