Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Web page classmate critique

Jeff T webpage

Well starts off page by page and go through the critique that way. Jeff's main page is a very simple and clean design with an orange background with an illustration of himself. The page content contains a heading and various links to his about me, projects, and so on. The links are green and are a pink roll over. The page is laid out very nicely and in a organized way, very easy to understand where everything is and and to find what you need. As for the color choices I am not a big fan of them. I guess the orange and black is ok, but with the links being green with a pink rollover, it really ruins it for me., but to each is own.
Now onto Jeff's bio, ummm not to sure where to start on this one lol. I guess I will start off with the first thing I notice that is wrong with the page, the page is missing a title! As far as the effect goes, it is pretty trippy and Jeff did a good job on it. But for a webpage background I dont think it works out too well. The background is very eye distracting, especially with all the colors on the page. With the pink and black, and the white text and each ring changing colors it is very difficult to read any of the links and the very short about me info. Though I am pretty sure Jeff was going for all of this when creating it, so good effort on that part Jeff.
On to his project page which is basically an orange background with green links to his projects with a pink rollover. How come this page does not have a better design or layout? What I dont get is some links have a thumbnail rollover and some do not, why is that? Also again the project page is untitled.
The blog is very different too, Jeff has an orange them going for his website but his blog has a purple them. Why not have a carry you color choice to your blog? Maybe Jeff was going for a complementary color scheme...?
I think Jeff just needs to work on his color schemes more and keep in mind readability and functionality. I know his site was fun and experimental and he did a good job on that. But when it comes to a normal site and that needs to attract viewers and bring them back everything needs to be fluid and readable in order for the viewer to have a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment